NSW Solar Bonus Scheme Closure
The Solar Bonus Scheme will end on 31 December 2016. Customers who have been receiving a feed-in tariff of 60 cents or 20 cents under the scheme, will now receive a much lower tariff and may have to replace their meters.
If you’re a Solar Bonus Scheme customer...
You need to act or you will be worse off from 1 January 2017. Follow the steps to make sure you’re ready. For more information visit ewon.com.au/solarbonusscheme
1. Check if you’re on the Solar Bonus Scheme by looking at your bill. If you’re receiving a 60 or 20 cent feed-in tariff you’re on the scheme.
2. Call your energy provider and ask if you need a new meter. Make sure you find out the following:
- if they will charge you for a new meter if you need one
- when they will install a new meter
- what feed-in tariff they’re offering
- what the contract terms will be – including additional charges or fees, or if you have to sign up to stay with a retailer to get a meter for free.
. If you’re not sure you’re getting the best deal, compare your retailer’s offer to others at energymadeeasy.gov.au
or talk to electricity retailers directly.
4. Sign up to a new deal as soon as possible and before 31 December. If you do nothing, you will be worse off in the new year.