Essential Energy recognises the contribution of female employees in our organisation. We are committed to achieving workforce diversity by providing an equal employment environment where people from all backgrounds can work together to reach their fullest potential.
In 2009, we launched the Women@work Charter to lay the foundations for identifying and promoting opportunities that inspire the careers and lives of women at Essential Energy.
The Women@work Network was established to focus on providing opportunities, promoting awareness and assisting women to access information and events.
The Network provides career and personal development, support and guidance by leveraging existing programs to support our women.
The Network aims to address a range of areas including:
- Identifying and promoting flexible work arrangements
- Encouraging formal and informal mentoring networks
- Offering training and educational opportunities and information
- Offering support and information for women to assist with professional development opportunities and initiatives
- Promoting the benefits of a diverse workforce.
Women hold a range of positions within Essential Energy including executive management, apprenticeships, trade, accounting and finance, human resources, administration and support, middle management, engineering and our senior development program.
Some of the benefits available include generous paid maternity leave, ‘family friendly’ working arrangements and networking opportunities for career enhancement.